CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
We're still online open and delivering as normal. Due to high customer demand, our delivery lead times maybe longer than usual. Our website continues to offer specific dates albeit not as soon as would normally offer.
We can now offer full delivery and installation services throughout East Anglia. For more information please call 0371 2313 113
Following on from the government's decision to go into a second national lockdown, our shops will now only be open for click and collect orders. Please use our store finder to see the opening times of your local Hughes store. The government guidance states that customers are not able to enter inside our stores, however our friendly sales staff will contact you when your purchase is ready to collect and will give you details on what to do when you arrive at our store. We will of course, observe all necessary COVID-19 precautions when you collect any items.
As and when the national restrictions are lifted (anticipated to be from the 2nd December 2020), our stores will re-open.
The safety of our customers, colleagues and communities we serve are of the utmost importance. As such to help keep everyone safe whilst in-store we have implemented the below procedures:
- All stores will go through a deep clean before opening and have regular cleaning throughout the day.
- As per government legislation, customers are required to wear a face covering (where they are able to) when inside our stores.
- We ask customers to observe social distancing rules when in-store and to shop alone where possible.
- We politely ask all customers to hand sanitise upon entry.
- For safe transactions our tills have been fitted with screens and we encourage customers to pay with card whenever possible.
- We have introduced dedicated zones for Click & Collects and customer returns.
To view current opening times please click here.
Please keep visiting this page for the latest information. You can also follow us on Facebook to keep up to date.
Can I order online?
Yes you can still place orders online. Following advice our delivery service will be restricted to a drop off service for the time being. This is to protect our customers and delivery colleagues.
Are you delivering to rental customers?
Yes, all rental customers will continue to receive deliveries, installation and service of rental items. Delivery times may be affected due to high demand and customers will be asked if they, or anyone in their household, has been self-isolating due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). If anyone in the household is self-isolating we will offer a door-step delivery service only and will not collect any products from the household until any isolation period has ended. If in the event that local authorities impose local lockdown measures, our in-home services will be reduced to a door-step only service.
How do I stay in touch?
Sales: Telephone 0371 231 3113 or via email email@example.com
Service: Telephone 0344 4124 411 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental: Telephone 01480 418950 or via email email@example.com
Update on delivery service of large items
The safety of our colleagues and customers is always our top priority, but we’re taking extra precautions due to the latest government advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For delivery of large items (Televisions over 55” and domestic appliances):
- Our delivery colleagues will continue to deliver these essential products to your homes, and we’ve provided all of our crews with antibacterial gel and cleaning wipes to be used before and after every delivery.
- To protect you and our colleagues we will only deliver to your front door.
- We are experiencing very high demand, it is therefore more important than ever to let us know if you’re not able to take your delivery so we can reallocate your slot to another customer (please call us on 0371 231 3113).
- Our delivery colleagues are following the latest government advice to self-isolate should they experience any symptoms of Coronavirus. This could mean that we need to contact you to re-arrange your delivery, your understanding in this situation is appreciated.
- Deliveries made via Arrow XL are available with installation if selected or will be delivered and unpacked in a room of your choice providing that nobody in the household is self-isolating, experiencing flu-like symptoms or has recently been exposed to anyone at risk of having Coronavirus. However, the crews will risk assess and complete the service only where safe to do so, this is at the driver’s discretion. This may result in a doorstep only delivery or the pre booked installation not going ahead. The Arrow delivery crews will pre-call all customers to discuss prior to delivery. Their crews will continue to wear the relevant COVID-19 PPE for every delivery which is essential to keep themselves and customers safe. If your installation has not gone ahead because of this please contact us.
For delivery of smaller items
Our courier partners (DPD & APC) have all updated their delivery processes to take extra precautions due to Coronavirus. Please follow the below advice:
- Customers can use the DPD app to nominate a ‘safe place’ for their delivery to be left if they do not want close contact.
- For customers unable to use the DPD app, DPD is still able to offer a contact-free delivery, and will take a picture of the property and capture a proof of delivery name instead of capturing a customer signature.
- APC (Team C) deliveries continue as normal to the door step.
To see the courier partner for your delivery, please check your dispatch confirmation email (which will also include your tracking reference). Or use the links on our delivery tracking page.
We thankyou again for shopping with us.