CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
From 30th November 2021, face coverings will be mandatory in selected indoor settings (including shops and supermarkets). We ask our customers to please adhere to these Government imposed rules while in our stores.
Please note children under 11 and those with certain disabilities or medical conditions are exempt.
All our stores remain open and look forward to welcoming you. Please use our store finder to see the opening times of your local Hughes store. The safety of our customers, colleagues and communities we serve are of the utmost importance. We will continue to help keep everyone safe whilst in-store and will be continuing with all our COVID safety measures for the time being.
- All stores have regular cleaning throughout the day.
- All retail staff are required to wear a face covering (where they are able to) when inside our stores and we politely request customers wear a face covering where they are able to.
- We will continue to limit numbers of customers instore & therefore at peak times a queue may form.
- We ask customers and staff to observe social distancing when in-store.
- We politely ask all customers to hand sanitise upon entry.
- For safe transactions our tills have been fitted with screens and we encourage customers to pay with card whenever possible.
- We have introduced dedicated zones for Click & Collects and customer returns.
Please keep visiting this page for the latest information. You can also follow us on Facebook to keep up to date.
We're still open online and delivering as normal. Due to high customer demand, our delivery times may be longer than usual. Our website continues to offer specific dates, albeit not as soon as we would normally offer, and installation and removal services are available in England and Wales at the discretion of our team. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently unable to offer additional services in Scotland and Northern Ireland. For more information, please call 0371 231 3113.
Can I order online?
Yes you can still place orders online.
Are you delivering to rental customers?
Yes, all rental customers will continue to receive deliveries, installation and service of rental items. Delivery times may be affected due to high demand and customers will be asked if they, or anyone in their household, is isolating due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). If anyone in the household is isolating, we can only offer a door-step delivery service only and will not collect any products from the household until any isolation periods have ended. If in the event that local authorities impose local lockdown measures, our in-home services will operate in line with the latest government guidelines.
How do I stay in touch?
To contact our Sales team please call 0371 231 3113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our Service team please call 0344 4124 411 or email us at email@example.com
To make rental payments online you can log into your account at www.hughes.co.uk/account
Update on delivery service of large items
(Televisions over 55” and domestic appliances):
The safety of our colleagues and customers is always our top priority, but we are taking extra precautions due to the latest government advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For all deliveries made via our local Hughes vehicles, you will be contacted prior to delivery and asked our COVID questions. We will then agree with you how the delivery will take place. Hughes vehicles can offer a full service, including installation and removal when selected at checkout, but only where no members of the household are isolating. If a service you require is not available at checkout we may still be able to provide this to you, please call us on 0371 231 3113 this is dependent on your delivery postcode.
Our delivery colleagues will continue to deliver essential products to your home, and we have provided our crews with the necessary equipment to work safely. All crew members are trained on our safety and cleaning procedures. They will assess the risks and complete the service only where safe to do so, this is at the driver's discretion.
To protect both you and our colleagues we will ask if anyone in the household is isolating. Where the answer is yes, we will only offer a doorstep service and not be able to collect any products until every member of the household is out of the isolation period.
We are experiencing very high demand, and it is therefore more important than ever to let us know if you're not able to take your delivery so we can re-allocate your slot to another customer (please call us on 0371 231 3113).
Our delivery colleagues are following the latest government advice to self-isolate should they experience any symptoms of Coronavirus or be contacted by track and trace services. This could mean that we need to contact you to re-arrange your delivery. Your understanding in this situation is appreciated.
Deliveries made via Arrow XL are available with installation and/or removal services if selected. Your appliance will be delivered and unpacked in a room of your choice providing that nobody in the household is self-isolating, experiencing flu-like symptoms or has recently been exposed to anyone at risk of having Coronavirus. However, the crews will risk assess and complete the service only where safe to do so, this is at the driver's discretion. This may result in a doorstep only delivery or the pre booked installation/removal not going ahead. The Arrow delivery crews will pre-call all customers to discuss prior to delivery. Their crews will continue to wear the relevant COVID-19 PPE for every delivery which is essential to keep themselves and customers safe. If your installation/removal has not gone ahead because of this please contact us. Please note installation/removal is not available in any surge testing or targeted community testing areas, any deliveries in these areas will be doorstep only. Other reasons that could result in a failure could be but not limited to:
- The route to the room of choice is not clear, resulting in risk of injury or damage to crew, product, or property.
- The delivery is beyond the 2nd floor, and there is no functioning lift.
- The customer is not at home, and access to the property is granted by another.(Such as a shared access building, where a porter or similar will open the property but will not accompany the crew)
- It's not safe to leave the product where requested, such as blocking a fire exit etc.
For delivery of smaller items:
Our courier partners (DPD & APC) have all updated their delivery processes to take extra precautions due to Coronavirus. Please follow the below advice:
- Customers can use the DPD app to nominate a 'safe place' for their delivery to be left if they do not want close contact.
- For customers unable to use the DPD app, DPD is still able to offer a contact-free delivery, and will take a picture of the property and capture a proof of delivery name instead of capturing a customer signature.
- APC (Team C) deliveries continue as normal to the door step.
To see the courier partner for your delivery, please check your dispatch confirmation email (which will also include your tracking reference) or use the links on our delivery tracking page.
We thank you again for shopping with us.